Wednesday, November 01, 2006

With love.

Dear Sony,

I understand and support you attempting to blow up consumers via death dealing batteries. And I understand that you want to finally get a chance to redeem the Beta max (and as such desire to push Blu-Ray down my throat). I also could care less for the most part that you have turned you back on Europe, going so far as to demolish an import company beneath your mighty corporate fists.

The loss of so much of your exclusive content is forgivable. I can see past your fickle ever changing design specs. I can forgive the misleading statements about teraflops, the pre-rendered videos which are essentially guaranteed to be impossible to live up to and even the stupid name given to the “new” controllers. I will ignore the fact that you stand upon a soapbox proclaiming that 1080p is the only way to play games, making such tacit implications as to the mediocrity of my “lowly” 720p projector.

All of those things I can move past but I absolutely will not accept your obscene price; I cannot forgive the opportunity cost. You have simply asked too much. And I am sure I could have spent as much on a 360 if I chose to get a number of the optional additions, but that choice was mine. More importantly that choice was one I could spread out over time. I suppose it is largely irrelevant however, you didn’t intend for me, or really anyone else to buy one anytime soon. Instead it will be the 360, the console formerly known as the Revolution or nothing – and we all know that nothing is better than nothing underneath the Christmas tree!

It’s sad really, I think back to all the good times we had, the Final Fantasy games, the Tekken series. Where did the Sony I used to know and love go, the Sony that redefined video games as something adults could enjoy, the Sony that provided the highest quality system at a competitive price? I don’t care about the format wars, or “true high-def” I just want to enjoy entertaining games. If you ever think you can be that Sony again, give me a call. I miss you.

Signed,
Consumers.

P.S. I still haven’t forgiven you for the general lack of worthwhile games on my PSP.
P.P.S Oh and UMD movies, I haven’t forgiven you for those either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home