Thursday, October 26, 2006

First!

So here is my very first post in my brand new blog.

Going against my instinct which is to fill this first post with nonsense, garbage and expletives, instead, I am going to state loosely what the intent behind this blog is.

Despite what the name of the blog might suggest I am a gamer, I have been ever since my first experiences with Frogger - a fact I often loathe admitting, it suggests I am far older than I am – when instead I just started gaming THAT young. Even now I spend upwards of 20 hours a week playing various games, is that really a lot? Maybe not by most gamer's standards but to "normal" people it is.

Alright so that is who I am... but why create a blog in a market that is over-saturated as it is?

Well the answer to that is two-fold, in the not-so distant past I reviewed video games for a couple sites, and as I reviewed more and more games, saw more of my scores changed, my reviews changed and more about how the industry works I realized that I did not want to be another voiceless cog in the venerable PR machine. I also began to notice that I frequently rated games far lower than my peers, placing most games 2-3 points lower on a standard 1-10 scale.

In short, here I can say what I think without worrying about the PR people, the average score or offending my readers. I can say what it is I really hate about games, in general or specific.

P.S. poop-shit-monkey-ass-waffle. Sorry, couldn't resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home